Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned programming in the arts, culture and recreation across a stunning 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront.
For more than 40 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world by curating over 4000 events annually across its ten-acre site from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design to sailing lessons. There is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre, year-round.
Position Title: Marine Service Crew
Department: Site Operations
Reporting to: Manager, Marine Services
Wage: Based on level of experience $16-18 per hour
Contract terms: Immediately and on a 6 month contract
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
· Installs and maintains floating docks, Marine Safety equipment and Marine electrical and mechanical facilities.
· Observe equipment in operation to detect potential problems, and safety concerns.
· Assists with Marine programmes as required.
· Operates responsibly and safely with Harbourfront work boats, vehicles, heavy equipment.
· Assists with the mooring of visiting ships.
· Works with the Marine Crew Lead Hand on installation of new facilities.
· Ensures all water lots at Harbourfront are free of debris, garbage and seaweed on a daily basis.
· Replace worn, damaged, or defective dock boards, posts/rails and all related equipment.
· Inspect marina, docks, piers, and reports all necessary repairs.
Work Health and Safety (WH&S)
· All members of staff are required to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other personnel (including volunteers and interns) who may be affected by their conduct.
· Proficient in using hand tools, power tools, and heavy duty equipment.
· Experience with electrical systems and the loads that can be placed on them.
· Knowledge of carpentry, metal work, fiberglass repairs and welding.
· Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Previous work experience on outboard engines, in a shop base or marina
· Ability to swim, and a strong understanding of water safety
· Must have a valid G license
Education & Experience
· High school education
· Marine technologies education background an asset
· Forklift license an asset
· Certified first aid/CPR an asset
· Job involves freedom of movement
· Working conditions often involve a dirty environment and extreme temperatures. There is occasional air contamination, intense noise and exposure to dangerous situations
· Job involves multiple deadlines, priorities and simultaneous demands
· Job involves periods of overtime
· Work schedule varies, weekdays, evenings and weekends
Acceptable Applications must include:
· A current resume
· Responses indicating how you meet the essential criteria above
Application Deadline: June 6th, 2018
Please quote Job Reference #18J98-ET to:
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
$16-18 per hour
Seller Contact Information
Visited 268 times, 1 Visit today