Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned programming in the arts, culture and recreation across a stunning 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront.
For more than 40 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world by curating over 4000 events annually across its ten-acre site from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design to sailing lessons. There is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre, year-round.
Position Title: Event Security Officer
Department: Site Operations
Reporting to: Coordinator Security & Operations
Contract terms: Immediately to October 31, 2018
Hours: ROTATING SHIFTS – Primarily evenings and weekends, some night shifts
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
· Perform access and alcohol control and take tickets at the door.
· Monitor audiences at events to maintain order, resolve conflicts, and identify disruptive behaviours (e.g., excessive alcohol and smoking in no-smoking areas).
· Provide assistance to patrons and staff in the event of an evacuation or emergency.
· Inform Harbourfront Centre Security supervisors of emergency situations.
· Document incidents or serious occurrences in occurrence reports
· Overnight shifts are available
· Must possess a valid Ontario Security Guard Licence.
· Enjoy dealing with the public (outgoing and personable)
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work unsupervised.
· Reliable, punctual, hardworking, and a team player
· Able to thrive in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity is preferred
- First Aid, CPR and Smart Serve certification are definite assets.
Acceptable Applications must include:
· A current resume
· Responses indicating how you meet the essential criteria above
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by: June 7, 2018
Please quote Job Reference #18J21-ET to:
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.